Friday, January 16, 2009

Goodbye Elmo, Goodbye

The title says it all; Elmo is a goner! It has been an exciting, loud and messy week around here. We have LOVED having the bird, but we have decided this may not be the best bird for us. Here is a brief list of all Elmo has done this week...
  • Screamed
  • Pooped everywhere
  • Set off the car alarm when he stole Joey's keys
  • Got on the dining room table and wouldn't get off
  • Got in Caden's bed at bedtime and wouldn't get down
  • Pulled every marker and crayon out of their boxes and threw them across the room
  • Screamed
  • Danced
  • Ate our multiplication cards
  • Chewed up many pens and pencil (his favorite)
  • Broke the spiral binding on our curriculum book
  • Bit Corban's finger.
  • Bit me
  • Tore holes in Joey's t-shirt....while Joey was wearing it
  • Screamed
That about sums it up. It really has been a good experience for us, and we are anxious to get another bird....maybe a quieter one.

6 comments:

js said...

Dang bird! He was high energy. I'm sure it was a cool experience. I can't wait to see the next feathered friend.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, that is hilarious. How does Caden feel about giving him back?
Sounds like a bird that size is a lot of work. I guess you would have to let him out of his cage to get exercise, but I would have put him on a short time-out. He really is a pretty bird though. Bye Elmo

Anonymous said...

Bye, bye Elmo!!! Crazy is how I would describe your week. I'm sure the t-shirt incident was the last straw, right??? Maybe a younger bird is what you need. Those older ones are already set in their ways just like people..Huh??? How was your date? Ours was good!

Unknown said...

I'm just glad he made it back ALIVE! I can hear Jer, "I've got a BB gun..." Sheesh, he's not a pet person so much.

Good job! And, think of all the boys were able to learn through this!

Jill said...

This is hilarious!! I have to say though, I would have been looking for the receipt to return him after the first bullet...Screaming! Oh dear! Baby Abby does enough of that around here! :)

Jolie said...

This is so funny! For me, of course, I know it's no funny for you! You tried, maybe next time....hehe.