So far, Elmo won't leave the top of his cage here at the house. Everytime Caden leaves the room the bird says, "Elmo...Elmo....ELMO...ELMO...." and then he starts screaming. It's funny now, but.....well, I will let you know how it is going in a few days.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Our New Addition
Many of you have been following Caden's bird adventures. Here is the culmination of months of classes and hard work. His name is Elmo, and he is a Sulfur-Crested Cockatoo.
We went and picked him up after church. We are fostering him through the Parrot Rehabilitation Society. This all started at the beginning of summer last year. Caden wanted a bird, so he began his own car washing business in our neighborhood. He employed some of our neighbors and worked for serveral weeks. After seeing how expensive birds were in the pet stores, we began to look for an alternative. The Rehab Society rescues birds and finds good homes for them. To adopt you must first take three classes and have a home inspection. We went to our fourth meeting yesterday, and that is where we first met Elmo. He took to Caden immediately, so we decided to give him a try. He rode on my shoulder in the truck on the way home until I handed Joey a taco. Apparently Elmo likes tacos. He jumped over to Joey's shoulder and helped himself to several bites!! 
So far, Elmo won't leave the top of his cage here at the house. Everytime Caden leaves the room the bird says, "Elmo...Elmo....ELMO...ELMO...." and then he starts screaming. It's funny now, but.....well, I will let you know how it is going in a few days.
So far, Elmo won't leave the top of his cage here at the house. Everytime Caden leaves the room the bird says, "Elmo...Elmo....ELMO...ELMO...." and then he starts screaming. It's funny now, but.....well, I will let you know how it is going in a few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Now that looks like fun! How did Joey take to sharing his taco with a bird?
Wow! He's HUGE!! Hopefully he will stop screaming and hopefully you will get some sleep tonight ;o) Sounds just like a baby!!
Surely out of 5 grandchildren that love animals soooo much Papa is going to get a veterinarian. Caden, I love him. Congrats on the service. Love you all....and are so proud of you.
HAHAHAHA! That picture of Elmo eating Joey's taco is hilarious! I love it!
Caden, Elmo is beautiful. Let us know what other words he knows or the ones that you teach him.
Joey & Lisa, that is great on your service Sunday. We were all praying that it would go well. It's wonderful to see the fruits of your labor. I just pray that God would multiply the church in an astounding way. We love you guys, Earnestine & Bob
hey, awesome bird! I hope he adjusts quickly....Awesome about the church! Life is definitely exciting!
hi caden. this is madison. elmo is so cool. cant wait to come visit and play at the beach.
Post a Comment