Friday, March 26, 2010

blogging

I'm a chronological blogger. I can't write about what happen today until I write about what happened three weeks ago. I try...but I can't. It must be in order!! The problem is, when I get the time and motivation to sit down and write, I've forgotten. So...I asked myself this week, "Why do I blog?" I love my blog. If it can be counted as one of my possessions, it would be close to the top of the list. I love to read my blog. Not that I'm great at writing and find myself entertaining, but it's my story. My family's story. I love to look back, see the pictures, read the funny things the kids said.

Years ago, I started my first blog the day after Carson's leukemia diagnosis. I didn't know what a blog was then, I just wanted a way to keep everyone updated on him so they would know how and what to pray for him. I had that blog made into a book. I can't look at it. But I have it.

So, since my scrapbooking skills are lacking, this blog is all I have. It has become my scrapbook, journal, picture album.... Our tangible piece of the past.

And speaking of blogs, I love other people's blogs too. I love your blog! I think I will share a little blog love this week. If you post this week, and if I read your blog, I will comment on it. If I don't know you exist, then come out of the shadows and leave me a comment.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I feel your pain. I try so hard with my other blogs (that are woefully behind), and then I audibly gasped when I saw that I haven't updated our family blog since DECEMBER! It seems weird now to post snow on Christmas in almost April!

Jill said...

I know, I stress about not being on top of my blogging too. And I love comments as well!! :)

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I appreciate you blogging. We really miss you guys and we love seeing the pictures you post. You've only been gone for 3 1/2 months and we can already see the changes in the boys.

Keep blogging and posting photos! Love to you all Colleen

Lissa Michelle said...

I'm coming out of the shadow! I don't know you personally, but I feel like I know you through Joey's preaches, through Misit, and now through your blog! So many people ask me why I even bother to blog, and I just can't help but record what is going on our lives. It's such a great way to document, reflect, and share. Love it!