Monday, October 27, 2008

Texas

We were in Texas for the past week and a half. Here are some of my highlights:
-Our amazing church in Texas, StoneWater, had its three year birthday!

-We all loved getting to spend time with family.

-Christmas cookies - Joey's mom makes the most amazing cookies, and since we love them so much, and since she loves us so much, we don't have to wait until Christmas every year to have them. But, they are still called Christmas cookies.

-Chocolate cake. Once again from Joey's mom. She totally spoils us.

-We all got to see our friends. The kids hung out with some old buddies (here's Carson watching a movie with his friend Madi).... and so did the adults. I even got to see some high school friends and experience....

-Texas High School Friday Night Football.

-A real Texas cold front, complete with a thunderstorm! In the blink of an eye, a warm fall day turned rainy and cold.

-I love getting to hug my 92 year old Nanny.

-The boys and I went out in the woods and pasture to play. So many memories.

-My mom made my absolute favorite homemade Banana Pudding. I literally ate the entire bowl.

-The boys and I took a drive through the East Texas Piney Woods to go on a train ride. It is so peaceful and beautiful there.

1 comment:

js said...

What a great trip! Love the pictures. It was so wonderful seeing you all. The kids miss the kids already. Love the picture of Carson and Madi. Love and miss you!