Several weeks ago, Carson received an invitation from Make-A-Wish to go to a special performance by the Blue Angels that took place last week. The base put on a party just for Make-A-Wish kids. The boys had such an awesome time. Not only were the Blue Angels amazing to watch, they also had great food for us, crafts, a prize drawing, lots of give-aways, and the chance to hang out with some real live heroes. We were blessed to be there on the base with these guys and girls who have committed to protect our freedom...and not only that, they also continue to give by doing things like this party for kids who have been through many medical issues.Whenever we get an opportunity like this....there have been many since we have moved here and gotten connected to the San Diego Make-A-Wish chapter...Carson ALWAYS says, "Mom, are you kindof glad that I had cancer?" That question kills me. NO, no, no....a thousand times no. I don't think I could ever say that I am glad. Of course, Carson goes on to say, "But if I didn't have cancer then all those people wouldn't have come to church and heard about Jesus. And we get to go to ________ (fill in the blank with Chargers game, Disneyworld, Blue Angels show...). I can't argue with that. We always have the same discussion. "No, I am not glad you had cancer, but I am so glad that God can use something as bad as cancer to change people's lives. And since you had cancer, we are going to have so much fun going to _______.



2 comments:
Wow, that's a deep question for such a little guy. So glad God is blessing your sweet family.
Great pictures Joey and Lisa. The kids have really grown since we saw them last! Good to hear from you. God bless you in your new normal.
Post a Comment