First, our tarantula. I actually caught this guy all by myself. The boys and Joey were gone to kung fu, and I was getting ready for our women's life group. I pulled a sign out of the trailer, and as I was walking back, I almost stepped on him. He had just caught a lizard and was sitting there munching on it. I knew the boys would want to see him, so I did what any mom of boys would do. I got the lid to an old grill and set it on top of him. But then I had to figure out how to move him because it was right where everyone would be parking. So, I took a piece of cardboard, slid it under the lid, and moved it all to the back porch. The boys loved it. We kept it for several days before letting it go. In the picture, there is a quarter just in front of him under the sand...that shows you how huge he was.
Next...our worms. We have a vermicomposting bin full of worms that we add our kitchen scraps to. We started off with a couple of hundred, but they have already tripled in number. They are red wigglers. Our intention was to use the compost to make a garden, but it hasn't happened yet.

Here are Caden's chickens. We got these little guys when they were a few weeks old. This picture was taken a couple of months ago. They are double this size now. They still sit on Caden's shoulders. When he sits down outside, they come and sit with him. I love the picture of Caden doing his math with the chickens cuddled up to him.


And here is Carson's cat. It shows up every morning for some food and snuggle time with Carson. Then it is gone all day until dinner time.

We took the boys fishing a few weeks ago. Corban was the most excited about the fishing trip. We didn't catch anything!


Lastly, several weeks ago Stonelake had baptisms at the beach. Here are pictures of the group that Joey baptized, our church family that came, Joey getting instructions from the life guards, Joey catching some waves, and the boys playing with their friends.




2 comments:
Holy Cow- I mean spider. You are super mom. I have boys and there is NO WAY I would have captured it. You are amazing Lisa. You never stop impressing me. Love the baptisms on the beach. Oh to be home again- makes me miss so.cal in the summer
My guess would be...Joey White is the first person EVER from Nemo, Texas to ride a surfboard.
Post a Comment