Friday, May 22, 2009

Silver City, New Mexico

Last week Joey went to Brazil, and the boys and I headed out on a road trip. We met up with some Texas friends in Silver City, New Mexico. We stayed in a beautiful house right on the edge of the Gila National Forest. The kids played outside, caught lizards, tadpoles and frogs, played on the Wii, watched TV.....my friend and I scrapbooked, talked and laughed. It was a fun and needed get-away.The property next to ours (a quarter mile away) was home to a Wolf Sanctuary. There were over 50 wolves there, all with varying degrees of wolfness. One little old woman ran the place and took care of all the animals, even sleeping outside with them. It was great for the kids to learn more about these beautiful creatures.
And here is my favorite picture of the entire trip! I spotted this cactus on our way through Arizona headed to NM. I thought it was beautiful with its arms out like it was carrying a bouquet of flowers. On our way back home I watched for it so that I could stop and take a picture.

1 comment:

js said...

Love the cactus pictures- that's hysterical! I'm so glad you had some time away with your sweet friend. What a treat! Her kiddos are beautiful too! Can't wait to see you next month. Suzanne is going to come in so let's figure out some play time!!!