Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mini-Vacation


Sunday afternoon we loaded up the van and headed to Big Bear - a ski area close to LA. We stayed in a little cabin that had a TON of stairs to climb to get up to it. We went bowling and out to eat that night. I wish I had by camera at the bowling alley. Corban would carry his ball, all by himself, to the end of the lane. He would push it as hard as he could and then he would lay down and watch as it SLOWLY rolled all the way down and hit the pins. Imagine him laying there, with the cutest little pair of bowling shoes.

Each boy had their favorite thing about the cabin. Corban enjoyed watching TV and eating donuts. Carson was in the hot tub most of the time. And we couldn't get Caden off of his PSP. Joey and I enjoyed reruns of old tv shows we watched in jr. high. Saved By The Bell and Fresh Prince of Bell Aire!!Monday morning we hung around the cabin, then packed up and checked out. We went to a fun little play area where there was a luge. We rode the lift up to the top......then got on these fun little carts that went super fast on the way down. Corban rode with me. He was laughing and screaming all the way down. He loves to go fast.
As we headed down the mountain to go home, Joey spotted a great place to stop and play in the snow. It was a secluded spot on the side of the road that we hiked up to. The boys climbed up.....had a snowball fight with daddy who was down below.......then realized their hands were frozen!
And then, we headed home.
I can't leave out the Drive-In! After we got home Monday night, we decided to finish up our vacation with a movie. The drive-in was a lot of fun!

2 comments:

js said...

BIG BEAR!!! I have so many memories from that mountain! I'm so glad you do too now. :) Great pictures. Miss you.

Jolie said...

Precious....you are truly living for today!