Sunday, September 28, 2008

The First Box

Here it is. The first box to be packed.

When we moved here to San Diego in February, it was with the intention of starting many churches. We knew that it was likely that the next area God led us to plant in would require us to move, but I didn't think that would happen so soon. Mission Trails Church is doing great; Joey and I have almost worked ourselves out of a job, so the time has come. At the end of October, we will be moving to a community called Lakeside to begin StoneLake Church. It is about twenty minutes away from where we are now. I have stood back and watched in amazement as God has worked out the details of this move and new plant. We already have a beautiful meeting place at a community rec center, our previews and launch date are scheduled, and we (almost) have a house.

We will still be working with John and with Mission Trails Church, focusing on this strategy of planting many lasting churches. Joey and I are both very excited to be moving to this new area and starting a new ministry together. Thank you for all of your prayers and support over the last seven months. We have had 32 StoneWater people come out here to San Diego and help with the church since we have been here. There is ALWAYS plenty to do....so if you need an excuse to get away and go to the beach, come on out!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That's so crazy - God is SO amazing!
The StoneWater runners (at least a few) want to come the weekend of May 31. We'll be running the 31st, but we can work the 30th!

Crystal Barbaree said...

i stand in amazment( is that how you spell that) at you guys. good luck with them move and starting a new church.

js said...

You do it all with such grace. I know finding a house and moving is never easy- but you make it look easy! Hope to be there in Nov. When are you coming here?

Julie said...

LISA! I'm so excited for you and Joey (and the boys). Chris and I have thought about church planting, but the timing just hasn't been right (yet!). Good luck with starting the new church. I know God will do great things through you guys!