Thursday, July 10, 2008

Swimming Pool

We have a swimming pool! We had been talking about getting a small one for several weeks. Last weekend, we decided to try to locate one. You see, our back yard is small...miniscule actually. There is not even grass, just cement and gravel. So, the only pool that would fit was the 10 ft. diameter one, and the only place that had them was Big Lots. On Friday I called several stores and they were all sold out. On Saturday, Caden was bummed. Joey and I told him that if he made the phone calls and located the pool, we would go get it. After many calls, he was at the end of the list, #11. I told Caden that this was the last store; if they didn't have one, we wouldn't be getting a pool. His response: "Mom, we gotta pray." After both he and Carson prayed, Caden made the final call, and the store didn't just have one pool...they had FIVE. Caden and I jumped in the truck and took off. After getting lost twice, driving for an hour (it should have taken 20 minutes), paying $4 on a toll road I wasn't even supposed to be on, and a minor fender bender in the parking lot (it wasn't my fault), we got the next to last swimming pool!! Praise God for the small things! Pictured with the boys is Marty, one of our wonderful interns who babysat the boys Sunday night. In the picture, Marty is the surfboard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carson, you already have the moves. You're going to be the surfer in the family. Love you....Nana

js said...

Awww...God is so good. What a great lesson for Caden. Too cool.