Monday, November 30, 2009

Kate

I'm on the couch tonight in front of a warm fire, with a cup of hot green mint tea and my new friend Kate. I have been spending a lot of time with Kate over the past few days. She is teaching me many things....like how to format footnotes for journals, proper spacing for block quotes, placement of section and subsection titles...the list goes on and on. In the past I didn't get along with Kate very well. She frustrated me with all her rules and guidelines. But now, well, I have gained a new appreciation. There is something comforting about the structure. I like the rules. I enjoy getting things done the right way.

Joey is hours away from completing his big, no, his gigantic research project/paper for his doctorate degree. It has to be turned in tomorrow, so this may be a long night as the finishing touches are put on the project.

My awesome amazing rockin' husband began going to Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary in 2004, just months before our son was diagnosed with leukemia. Because of that, his four year degree has now taken six years to complete. But who's counting...right?? I am so proud of him!

Speaking of Carson, we have just passed our Two Years Off Treatment Anniversary!!! Woo-hoo! As soon as we get settled in Texas, he will go through a huge round of testing to see where he stands as far as the effects of the chemo on his body. I will let you know when that gets closer.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Joey is blessed to have you support him in so many ways...you are an amazing wife! Congratulations to Joey on this major achievement!
Can't wait for ya'll to get back to Texas!