Friday night was the rehearsal dinner. After rehearsal, we were treated to a wonderful dinner at a quaint Italian restaurant in Point Loma. That counted as date number one(even though we were with about 20 other people)! Saturday morning we joined a 2 mile fun run as a family and then our church had a booth at the festival that followed. Corban and I walked about a third of the race. When we were around halfway done, Corban looked at me and said, "I don't like to race." Joey, Caden and Carson went the entire two miles with a few walking breaks.
So, after the festival we hurried home to clean up and head to the wedding. It took place at a resort on Harbor Island here in San Diego. It was the most beautiful and elegant wedding I have ever been to. Joey did his part wonderfully, and after the ceremony was over, he was able to relax and have some fun. The reception had a dinner and dancing, and I even got the dj to play a two-step for us before the night was over. I asked the dj to play a slow country song, and he said I would have to help him out because he didn't know any country music. It hit me in that moment that I was living in California. I suggested some George Strait or Garth Brooks. The dj came up with Boot Scootin' Boogie as we were walking out the door. We set our things down and had our dance - the first one in many years! That was date number 2.

The bride and groom gave us tickets to the Old Globe Theatre to see a musical on Sunday afternoon. After church this morning, we went downtown to Balboa Park and enjoyed "Working". And then we went to a wonderful place called Extraordinary Desserts for dessert and coffee. Joey's Zebra Brownie and bowl of ice cream is in the top picture. I had the Coconut Leveice Danish. YUM! Date 3!!
1 comment:
How cool! The old globe is AWESOME! You need to take the kids. They would love it. You look beautiful my sweet friend. Can't wait to see you. Hope it's soon. Suzanne is coming to the retreat. I would love to save you a spot!!!! :) Please Joey!!!!
Post a Comment