Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Update

Yesterday we went to Carson's monthly clinic appointment. They are supposed to be monthly, but we haven't been since summer. He had a really hard time with the bloodwork. He has gotten out of the habit of being poked all of the time. I'm glad that is not a normal thing for him anymore. I will take a kicking fighting boy any day over one who gets poked so much that it is just a way of life. I realized yesterday just how big he has gotten. I could not get him to cooperate just by physical force. I finally stood up and somehow picked him up and sat with my arms wrapped around him long enough to calm him down so we could talk. He handled the arm poke really well after he finally allowed it to happen. All of his counts were great. We are now one year out from treatment, so appointments spread out to every other month.

Caden went to his third Bird Care and Training class last weekend. We are now ready to begin fostering and eventually adopt a bird. We are (hopefully) getting a Umbrella Cockatoo this week from the Parrot Rehabilitation Society. This is the bird we have wanted to get since we first began the classes.

Corban finally learned to say his brothers names. He has always called them Bubba. If he is talking about them both, he says "bubbas". Now he says "Sarsen" and "Daden". It is really cute, and Caden and Carson think it is the greatest.

Joey is in his church planting groove. I love to see him working hard and loving what he is doing. God has definitly given him a gift and a passion for church planting. Our launch team is meeting weekly; making plans for Christmas Eve and for our Preview Services.

I have been doing the ususal. We shifted grears with our homeschool curriculum - the boys are enjoying the change. I have also been helping Joey with church stuff - designing cards, posters, and programs. And, for fun, some picture taking. I have started putting my photography on a different blog. So, for those of you who like to look at pictures of random people like I do, here is the link.

1 comment:

Jolie said...

Praise God! I'm so glad to hear of your blessings! Have a great holiday! Merry Christmas!