Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Birds - by Caden

This post is from Caden:

Hammy made it through the night. The next morning Hammy was a lot stronger. At 9:00 Hammy flew off. I missed Hammy a lot. The next day my dad thought I was really responsible because I took such good care of Hammy. So we looked on Craig's List and found a good cage for some pet birds. So we get to this house, and the man has two cages full of parakeets. So we got the cage, and he had a white cage that we also got. My dad was just kidding but he said, "Hey, why don't you throw a couple of birds in there." And so the man said, "OK." When we were leaving to go get some money his wife said, "My babies, I can't believe you sold my babies." I bet they had a talk after we left. So we took home two parakeets, a boy and a girl. The boy is Cracker, and the girl is Polly. Cracker doesn't like crackers, so I don't know why I named him Cracker. Carson told me I had to name Polly "Polly" because he wanted to teach Polly how to say "Polly want a cracker." If you notice on the picture that Cracker has a blue nose, and Polly has a brown nose. That is how you tell if they are a boy or a girl. I like Polly the best because she always sits on my finger. My dad kindof likes them too because he wants them to say "Joe".

1 comment:

js said...

Awesome Caden! I had birds when I was your age. The twins are very excited about your new birds.